PLAYER INTERVIEW BY VICTORIA RAMOS
- How long have you been playing softball and what positions have you played?
I have been playing for 10 years, I pitch and play 1st base.
- What made you want to start playing softball?
When my older sister, Jade, started playing in high school. I went to all of her games and fell in love with the sport.
- How many hours a week do you put into practice?
I practice for about 12 hours a week.
- What do you like most about softball?
I like how exciting every play is.
- Do you plan on playing softball in college? If so, where?
Yes, I was offered an athletic scholarship at the University of Illinois at Chicago and will continue my academic and athletic career there.
- How often are your games?
In high school ball we play 2 games a week.
- What do you enjoy most about competing?
I like the feeling of winning after a game that was really intense between both teams. Then after the game we all have good sportsmanship and we all get along.
- What does your warm up before the games look like?
First we take a warm up jog, then we start our dynamic stretches. After dynamics we hit in the net, and then I start pitching for the game.
- Do you do anything after playing to help prevent injuries? If so, what?
Yes, after the game I have to ice my pitching arm to prevent any shoulder injuries.
- Have you ever had any injuries caused by softball? If so, what?
- Have you received any awards? If so, what?
Last year I received pitcher of the year in The Del Rio League. I also received Co-MVP with Jessica Alcala.
- Has softball helped with any real life situations? If so, what?
Softball is like a getaway for me. When I play I don’t think about anything else other than the game.
- How do you contribute to the team?
I give 100% every game, when it comes to hitting, pitching, or playing 1st i’m always giving it my all.
- What do you think you do best as a softball player?
As a softball player i’m mentally strong when i’m pitching or hitting and always have a positive mindset.
- Is there anything you want to improve? If so, what?
I want to improve on my speed, running the bases and pitching velocity.